Following is required for the successful install and usage of this theme.
1. Framework, Theme & Plugin
- WordPress (Latest Version) – freely download it from wordpress.org website.
- Beaver Builder Theme – You will not get the Beaver Builder Theme for any circumstances. You’ll purchase directly from wpbeaverbuilder.com website.
- NAMO Child Theme – purchase directly from WP Beaver World website.
- Beaver Builder Plugin – purchase directly from WP Beaver Builder website.
- Login to My Account page.
- Click on “Order” link and download all files on your local machine
Installing Framework and Child Theme
Before starting the theme installation, please make sure that the latest version of WordPress is already installed on your system and you have the login details of your Dashboard.
There are two ways in which you can install the Genesis Framework and child theme:
- Manual file transfer via FTP, and
- Automatic ‘Upload Theme’ option from the WordPress Dashboard.
Please find the instructions for both of these options below:
a. Uploading through the WordPress Dashboard
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard and go to Appearance -> Themes option.
- Click the Add New button at the top.
- Click the Upload Theme button at the right side of the ‘Add Themes’.
- Click Browse button and then find or browse to the theme zip file on your computer. Select the bb-theme.zip file and then click the Install button.
- Similarly, upload the zip file of Namo child theme by following the same procedure.
b. Uploading the framework & theme via FTP client
- Unzip or extract the zip file into respective folders.
- Using a FTP client, log in to your server. You can either use the web FTP option located in the hosting control panel or use any free FTP software program (like FileZilla).
- Navigate to wp-content/themes directory (folder) location. Transfer the ‘bb-theme’ and ‘bb-namo’ folder to this folder location.
Install the Beaver Builder Plugin
- Navigate to Plugins -> Add New page
- Click on “Upload Plugin” button
- Browse the file and select the Beaver Builder zip file
- Click on “Install Now” button
- Activate the Beaver Builder Plugin
Now navigate to Appearance -> Themes, click on “Activate” button and activate the NAMO Child theme.
2. Importing Theme Customizer data
- Login to Dashboard
- Click on Appearance -> Customize link
- Click on Export/Import panel
- Click on Choose File button
- Select namo-demo-data/bb-namo-export.dat file
- Click on Import button
3. Adding Slider
- Login to Dashboard
- Navigate to Slider -> Add New
- Enter title
- Enter Content in WP Editor (optional)
- Enter Read More Link (at Slider Settings Meta Box)
- Enter Read More button text (at Slider Settings Meta Box)
- Add Featured Image
- Click on Publish button
Similarly you will add more sliders. Now navigate to Appearance -> Widgets page and drag&drop the “Namo – Slider” widget at Home Top widget area.
* If you want to import the demo slider content, you will import the “namo-demo-data/namo.slider.xml” file
4. Importing Demo Templates
Make sure that you already installed the Beaver Builder Plugin (premium version) and activate it. Yet you did not activate the templates pots type, at first you will do it:
- Navigate to Settings -> Page Builder
- Click on Templates Tab
- Check “Enable Templates Admin” checkbox
- Click on “Save Template Settings” button
- Navigate to Tools -> Import link
- Click on Install Now/Run Importer link under WordPress row
- Click on “Browse” button and choose the namo-demo-data/namo.bb-templates.xml file
- Install the templates
5. Adding the Demo Widgets at Sidebar
At first install the Widget Importer & Exporter plugin by churchthemes.com and activate it. After activating the plugin you will navigate to Tools -> Widget Importer & Exporter page and import the namo-demo-data/namo.sidebar.wie file. Later you can delete this Widget Importer & Exporter plugin from your site.